9.17.2010

The Mystery Rottweiler

I don't feel like writing a really detailed post today but thought I'd share what I found to be a very "unique" experience...

My house in Sevilla is 3 stories. The first floor is communal living space... kitchen, bathroom, entry hall, living room, etc. The second floor is where the bedrooms and another bath are. And then there's the 3rd floor, which is basically a rooftop terrace. Yesterday when I arrived, Fátima told me that the washing machine was on the roof and naturally I was curious to check it out. When I stuck my head in the door to the laundry room (the rest of the rooftop is open), there was a HUGE Rottweiler sprawled out on the floor. Although I am a dog lover (as you all know), I have to say that I was taken aback and maybe a little scared... after all, Rotties are enormous and sometimes aggressive. Luckily for me, this one just continued relaxing on the floor and I went back downstairs, a little confused and mildly entertained. At this point, Fátima had already left for her trip to Norway and no one else was at home. So I put the episode at the back of my mind and went about my business. This morning, when I was showing a new friend around the house, I told her about my freak encounter with the mystery Rottweiler, expecting that it wouldn't be there anymore. Sure enough, though, the dog was still on the laundry room floor. I couldn't help but laugh. Where did this dog come from and who did it belong to? I could have sworn that Fátima told me that there weren't any animals in the house, not that I would have minded if there were. Anyways, to tie this story up, this afternoon I was heading down the stairs when I saw the dog laying on the floor of the entry hall. It turns out that he belongs to David, Fátima's brother, and that he usually hangs out upstairs but comes out every afternoon for a little while. I don't remember his name but I do remember that he told me that it sounds like "Jamón" (ham). Maybe you had to be there but this whole debacle definitely made me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you finally figured out the mystery of the rottiweiler! Maybe you can offer to take him out for walks!

    ReplyDelete

Followers